Rochester dean appointed vice provost

William Scott Green, current dean of the College at the University of Rochester in New York, will move to the University of Miami in July after accepting the positions of senior vice provost and dean of undergraduate education.

The dean of undergraduate education is a new position created to enhance the quality of undergraduate life and implementing co-curriculum initiatives.

“Bill has a deep and comprehensive record in undergraduate education,” Thomas J. LeBlanc, executive vice president and provost, said. “He has done it all, teaching, research, fieldwork, administration, advising, mentoring, and he has done so brilliantly.

“His experience and energy, and most importantly, his ability to bring various constituencies together, will help realize a shared and comprehensive vision for the future.”

Green said he is enthusiastic about his move to UM and the future of the university with his involvement.

“It’s a very exciting opportunity. This is a university on the move with exciting new possibilities,” he said. “The opportunity came at a good time in my career.”

Green will also be teaching a course on religion during the fall semester.

“I’m looking forward to teaching,” Green said. “I will probably teach a course on entrepreneurship in the spring.”

In a visit to the university earlier in the semester, he met with students and faculty who began to discuss possible areas of improvement.

“There are whole set of issues I need to get in closely,” Green said. “I had a prelim meeting when I visited Miami and I learned a few things learn from people about where I can be most helpful.”

Green will also be working with Pat Whitely, vice president for student affairs, primarily to work on co-curriculum structures.

“[The university] is setting high standards for itself,” Green said. “It’s the best possible environment to come into.”

Stacey Arnold can be contacted at s.arnold@umiami.edu.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...