ACTING LOCALLY, THINKING GLOBALLY

WORLD COMPETITION: The university’s Model United Nations (MUN) team traveled to New York last week to compete in the National MUN conference. UM won Outstanding Delegation-the conference’s highest recogniton-for the third year in a row. The team, which was representing Somalia, competed against more than 300 universities from around the world. The team was led by head delegate Federico Cuadra and co-head delegate Nitin Aggarwal and advised by Cristina Florez and Professor Patricia Abril. The other team members were Paul Bagley, Ashley Box, Hema Datwani, Marc Epstein, Shajena Erazo, Ben Everard, Laura Farach, Megha Garg, Hongzhao Ji, Amy Starlight Lawrence, Manuela Londono, Patricia Mazzei (editor-in-chief of The Hurricane), Maria Mendieta, Anjuli Pandit, Natasha Parekh, Carly Rhodes, Stefano Rotati, and Trishul Siddharthan.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...