ACTING LOCALLY, THINKING GLOBALLY

WORLD COMPETITION: The university’s Model United Nations (MUN) team traveled to New York last week to compete in the National MUN conference. UM won Outstanding Delegation-the conference’s highest recogniton-for the third year in a row. The team, which was representing Somalia, competed against more than 300 universities from around the world. The team was led by head delegate Federico Cuadra and co-head delegate Nitin Aggarwal and advised by Cristina Florez and Professor Patricia Abril. The other team members were Paul Bagley, Ashley Box, Hema Datwani, Marc Epstein, Shajena Erazo, Ben Everard, Laura Farach, Megha Garg, Hongzhao Ji, Amy Starlight Lawrence, Manuela Londono, Patricia Mazzei (editor-in-chief of The Hurricane), Maria Mendieta, Anjuli Pandit, Natasha Parekh, Carly Rhodes, Stefano Rotati, and Trishul Siddharthan.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...