UMNEWS – Dean Peragallo named to National Institutes of Health board

Nilda P. Peragallo, dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies, has been appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to serve on the National Advisory Council to the National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NCMHD). In this distinguished position, Peragallo will consult and provide advice to the National Institutes of Health director, with a major responsibility to review and make recommendations regarding grants for biomedical research and research training activities to improve minority health. The term is for five years.

An internationally renowned researcher on HIV/AIDS prevention in Latino women, Peragallo is widely recognized for her leadership on minority health issues. Among her numerous professional distinctions, she is an officer of the National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurse Associations, immediate past president of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, and founder and co-editor of the journal Hispanic Health Care International.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...