UMNEWS – Dean Peragallo named to National Institutes of Health board

Nilda P. Peragallo, dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies, has been appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services to serve on the National Advisory Council to the National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NCMHD). In this distinguished position, Peragallo will consult and provide advice to the National Institutes of Health director, with a major responsibility to review and make recommendations regarding grants for biomedical research and research training activities to improve minority health. The term is for five years.

An internationally renowned researcher on HIV/AIDS prevention in Latino women, Peragallo is widely recognized for her leadership on minority health issues. Among her numerous professional distinctions, she is an officer of the National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurse Associations, immediate past president of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, and founder and co-editor of the journal Hispanic Health Care International.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...