Tune your iPod into these new, alternative sounds

Benassi Brothers, Phobia

Pure electro-pop and dance, the 12-album track is high energy. Infused with some voice-box alternated female voices and repetitive lyrics such as “I am waiting for you,” this album maintains the same sound from beginning to end. As a general statement, the songs fit the typical stereotype of electro music.

Bill Madden, Gone

A deep breathy voice serenades listeners about self-examination and love, while accompanied by classic guitar strumming and simple melodies. The first few songs start slow and simple, like a train that has just started up the tracks. There’s a soothing sound that resonates through the music and is reminiscent of a mix of soft rock and folk.

Dem Franchise Boys,

Dem Franchise Boys

Laying down lyrics about strippers, the projects and anything old school, the lyrics of Dem Franchize Boys seem rather lackluster. However, their popularity across radio stations can’t be denied and their surprisingly intoxicating beats won’t leave your mind, that’s if you like this kind of music. In addition to already noted favorites, “I think they Like Me,” and “Lean Wit it, Rock Wit it,” the Boys push out a few other catchy tracks that are sure to hit airwaves soon.

E-40, My Ghetto Report Card Touted as one of the originals, E-40 and his latest album, My Ghetto Report Card, is a choppy mix of hard-edged rap and hooks interlaced with trumpet and other unexpected instruments. For the most part, the lyrics of E-40 are intriguing if you pay attention enough to catch the words; able to speak at an incredible speed, his words are somewhat hard to understand, when not the hook. Impressive enough are the 14-tracks that feature myriad artists such as T. Pain and Mike Jones.

Men, Women, & Children, Men, Women, and Children Kitchsy and full of emo-rock energy, the songs combine catchy lyrics with a certain edge while keeping up with the fast chords of guitar and drums. In addition, songs like “Photosynthesis,” contain a certain, pac-man video game sound and song titles like “Who found Mr. Fabulous?” and “Monkey Monkee Man,” add the respective playfulness that exudes from every aspect of this album.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...