The Best and Worst of UM

A dreaded list for anything under scrutiny. Leaving no stone unturned, this list highlights the highs and lows of our fine institution, from bathrooms to classrooms to faculty, students, and staff. Agree or disagree, this is the list. Have something to say about it? Tell your friends.

Worst timing

President Shalala’s luxurious, UM-funded home was featured in the New York Times Magazine as the UNICCO workers’ strike began on campus-a publicist’s very worst nightmare.

Best dining hall meal

Grilled cheese sandwiches

Worst dining hall meal

Scrambled eggs Sometimes, they look green.

Most intriguing suggestion

A Boston Globe article said Shalala would be an ideal replacement for Harvard President (and former Clinton Cabinet member) Lawrence Summers, who resigned this semester. The Hurricane still hasn’t gotten comment from Shalala on the subject.

Best student organizations at disappearing off the face of the planet

Council for Democracy, College Republicans and Young Democrats. They seem to have forgotten that 2006 is also an election year.

Student organization you can’t get away from: FEC

They deserve every SOAR award out there simply on sheer spirit, presence and numbers.

Worst named student org

It’s a tie between the UM Grilling Society and SPANC (both of which, coincidentally, have been virtually non-existent on campus after their formation).

Worst personnel move by UNICCO/ Chartwells

Moving Hazel (the happy sandwich lady, who has her own facebook fan club) from the Hecht/Stanford dining hall to the Wellness Center.

Best event to smoke legal (and illegal) substances and be ignored by campus security

The Homecoming Roots concert. Surely the fumes did not help those students that had to take the LSAT the next day.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...