UMNEWS – UM appoints new deputy university librarian

The University of Miami’s Libraries have appointed Yolanda L. Cooper deputy university librarian. Cooper is responsible for the day-to-day operations of library programs and services and provides oversight of the library’s capital projects and facilities programs.

Cooper was previously employed as associate university librarian for organizational development at the University of Virginia Library where she provided leadership for the Library’s Administrative Services, including Library Human Resources, Grants, Financial Services and Business Operations and Management Information Services. Cooper also oversaw the activities of the Multicultural Issues Committee and steered an ongoing Diversity Team to work with diversity issues at UV. She served as the Libraries diversity officer at Indiana University and was responsible for the oversight of recruitment and retention efforts and in providing training and opportunities for cultural awareness for students, faculty and staff. She was named a Frye Institute Fellow in 2004 and won the White Collaborative Award from the IUB Libraries, Indiana University in 2002. She received her Master of Library Science from the School of Library and Information Science at Indiana University in Bloomington, Ind.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...