LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Though I am a founding member of STAND I would like to stray from our living wage advocacy to comment on your handling of our rather controversial campaign. STAND was formed with a vision of participatory and active democracy within our campus. We saw our university not as a mere career preparation center, but an institution that promotes an interest in the world around us.

We envisioned a UM with a political and cultural atmosphere rich with discourse and debate that is essential for any functioning democracy. With this said, I thank you for your even-handed coverage of the living wage issue. You appropriately presented all sides to the issue and in detail. Your role as the mediator of the primary publication on campus is a crucial one and you’ve handled this responsibility with admirable competence and integrity. I have seen our student body awaken with healthy political awareness and we owe this largely to the Hurricane. Thank you very much and keep up the good work.

Patrick J. Walsh

Students Toward A New Democracy

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...