Irony spares no one, not even the University of Miami

Strike Support?

Students and teachers seem to be showing their support for the UNICCO workers by having classes outside by the Ashe building. Being that they are showing support is fine and good; however, they move the chairs outside around and leave papers on the ground. Who do they think cleans all that up? The very UNICCO workers they are trying to help. It doesn’t really make sense.

Waterless Urinals?

Waterless urinals were installed in the men’s bathrooms last semester. It is a good thing that the University is trying to save the environment. The problem is that they installed one or two of the waterless urinals among all the normal urinals. They are placed in the center of the urinals, and no one wants to pee in the center urinal. So, generally people won’t use them because they think they are weird and they aren’t saving any water.

Duck Poop?

Last year everyone complained that the alligator was destroying the duck population of the school. They took away the alligator and now the sidewalks are covered in duck poop, which brings about not only an eye sore and smell but infections as well. I say bring back our reptilian friend and bring back cleaner sidewalks.

Chlorine in the fountains?

For those of you who are fortunate enough to be awake before 8 in the morning you should know what I am talking about. The fountains here seem to have more chlorine in them than the pool. They smell horrible. I guess it’s alright, though; chlorine sure beats duck poop.

The Dogs?

This campus has gone to the dogs. Yes it is a beautiful campus. Yes everyone should be able to enjoy it along with their animals. But that doesn’t give the people the right to allow their dogs to drink from the same water fountains as everyone else. I guess it makes sense since the other fountains are poisoned with chlorine. Also the people should clean up after their dogs, so when the students go to sunbath in the grass they don’t have to worry about anything.

Jews for Jesus?

Must have missed that class in Hebrew school.

Justin Diamond is a junior majoring in management. He enjoys cooking and eating, and can be contacted at j.diamond2@umiami.edu.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...