POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Reporting a Crime

Be alert and observant wherever you are and learn to recognize signs of criminal behavior. Report all crime to Public Safety at 305 284-6666, 8-6666 or use a Blue Light telephone even if it is only an attempt. Crime cannot be controlled or prevented if it is not reported. By reporting crimes and suspicious activities you can protect yourself and others from being a victim and assist us in reducing crime.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22

12:47 a.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Arrest

2:14 a.m. 1300 of Stanford Drive Alcohol violation

10:05 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft of bicycle

5 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23

5 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Simple Assault

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 24

1 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Vandalism

9 a.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft of bicycle

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 25

12:38 a.m. 1203 Walsh Ave Alcohol-Juvenile Violation

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...