POLICE BEAT

Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.

Safety Tip of the Week: Reporting a Crime

Be alert and observant wherever you are and learn to recognize signs of criminal behavior. Report all crime to Public Safety at 305 284-6666, 8-6666 or use a Blue Light telephone even if it is only an attempt. Crime cannot be controlled or prevented if it is not reported. By reporting crimes and suspicious activities you can protect yourself and others from being a victim and assist us in reducing crime.

If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666 or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 22

12:47 a.m. 5185 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Arrest

2:14 a.m. 1300 of Stanford Drive Alcohol violation

10:05 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr. Theft of bicycle

5 p.m. 1239 Dickinson Dr. Theft

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23

5 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Simple Assault

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 24

1 p.m. 1306 Stanford Dr. Vandalism

9 a.m. 5100 Brunson Dr. Theft of bicycle

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 25

12:38 a.m. 1203 Walsh Ave Alcohol-Juvenile Violation

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...