Dancevic making huge impact as freshman

The city of Miami is undoubtedly unique in comparison to women’s tennis freshman Monika Dancevic’s hometown of Niagra Falls, Ontario. However, Dancevic is adjusting comfortably to the new surroundings with the help of her teammates.

“It can be a little bit tough at times, being the only freshman on this team,” Dancevic said. “But the girls have been very responsive to me and I have forged solid bonds already with many of my teammates living in the dorms.”

While Dancevic is the youngest player on this year’s squad, she is not the only new face on the UM women’s tennis team. Additionally, Ana Rupic, a junior transfer from South Alabama, and Audra Cohen, a sophomore transfer from Northwestern University, have joined the team.

Dancevic comes to Miami highly touted with an impressive junior r

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...