Dancevic making huge impact as freshman

The city of Miami is undoubtedly unique in comparison to women’s tennis freshman Monika Dancevic’s hometown of Niagra Falls, Ontario. However, Dancevic is adjusting comfortably to the new surroundings with the help of her teammates.

“It can be a little bit tough at times, being the only freshman on this team,” Dancevic said. “But the girls have been very responsive to me and I have forged solid bonds already with many of my teammates living in the dorms.”

While Dancevic is the youngest player on this year’s squad, she is not the only new face on the UM women’s tennis team. Additionally, Ana Rupic, a junior transfer from South Alabama, and Audra Cohen, a sophomore transfer from Northwestern University, have joined the team.

Dancevic comes to Miami highly touted with an impressive junior r

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...