Dancevic making huge impact as freshman

The city of Miami is undoubtedly unique in comparison to women’s tennis freshman Monika Dancevic’s hometown of Niagra Falls, Ontario. However, Dancevic is adjusting comfortably to the new surroundings with the help of her teammates.

“It can be a little bit tough at times, being the only freshman on this team,” Dancevic said. “But the girls have been very responsive to me and I have forged solid bonds already with many of my teammates living in the dorms.”

While Dancevic is the youngest player on this year’s squad, she is not the only new face on the UM women’s tennis team. Additionally, Ana Rupic, a junior transfer from South Alabama, and Audra Cohen, a sophomore transfer from Northwestern University, have joined the team.

Dancevic comes to Miami highly touted with an impressive junior r

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...