Dancevic making huge impact as freshman

The city of Miami is undoubtedly unique in comparison to women’s tennis freshman Monika Dancevic’s hometown of Niagra Falls, Ontario. However, Dancevic is adjusting comfortably to the new surroundings with the help of her teammates.

“It can be a little bit tough at times, being the only freshman on this team,” Dancevic said. “But the girls have been very responsive to me and I have forged solid bonds already with many of my teammates living in the dorms.”

While Dancevic is the youngest player on this year’s squad, she is not the only new face on the UM women’s tennis team. Additionally, Ana Rupic, a junior transfer from South Alabama, and Audra Cohen, a sophomore transfer from Northwestern University, have joined the team.

Dancevic comes to Miami highly touted with an impressive junior r

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...