UMNEWS – Professor recognized for contributions to biomedical engineering

The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) has elected Baruch B. Lieber, Ph.D., professor of Biomedical Engineering and Radiology at the University of Miami, a Fellow. The Fellow Grade is the highest elected grade of membership within ASME, the attainment of which recognizes exceptional engineering achievements and contributions to the engineering profession.

Lieber has been a very active researcher and a leader in the bioengineering field. During Lieber’s 18-year career he has published 45 refereed journal papers, more than 140 conference proceedings and three book chapters. In addition, he is on the editorial board of critical reviews of Biomedical Engineering and a co-editor of a book series on neurovascular disease. Lieber has secured more than $8 million in research funds, holds two patents and has four patent applications in process. He is serving currently or served in the past as consultant to various medical device companies such as Embolic protection Inc, Cordis Neurovascular, Target Boston Scientific and Microvention. Lieber has been an active ASME member since 1987 sitting on the ASME engineering technical committees and has helped organize various technical sessions.

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...