soulful coffeehouse sounds to metal rock: four types of music for four types of moods

Stephen Fretwell is another example of soulful British pop that seems to fit the coffeehouse sound or soulful bluesy stereotype. Breathy and of slow tempo, the 12 tracks are assisted by piano and guitar and have a heavy unplugged sort of feel. Despite the emotional lyrics Fretwell manages to throw in a few curse words that seem a bit awkward and laughable but they fit the tone of the music.

These days it seems as though having “the” in front of a band name immediately qualifies the group for stardom, with The Subways, they’ve earned their title. A mix of hard rock and punk, The Subways three-member mixed sex group focuses on hard guitar and drum sounds for their main beats. Already known for their single, “Rock and Roll Queen,” The Subways are well on their way to stardom.

Their debut album featuring the already popular song, “4Ever,” these two girls manage to be sweet and fierce at the same time. A few songs shy of a 12-track volume of rock ballads, The Veronicas manage to make clich

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...