soulful coffeehouse sounds to metal rock: four types of music for four types of moods

Stephen Fretwell is another example of soulful British pop that seems to fit the coffeehouse sound or soulful bluesy stereotype. Breathy and of slow tempo, the 12 tracks are assisted by piano and guitar and have a heavy unplugged sort of feel. Despite the emotional lyrics Fretwell manages to throw in a few curse words that seem a bit awkward and laughable but they fit the tone of the music.

These days it seems as though having “the” in front of a band name immediately qualifies the group for stardom, with The Subways, they’ve earned their title. A mix of hard rock and punk, The Subways three-member mixed sex group focuses on hard guitar and drum sounds for their main beats. Already known for their single, “Rock and Roll Queen,” The Subways are well on their way to stardom.

Their debut album featuring the already popular song, “4Ever,” these two girls manage to be sweet and fierce at the same time. A few songs shy of a 12-track volume of rock ballads, The Veronicas manage to make clich

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...