UMNEWS National Geographic honors Rosenstiel School researcher as ‘inspiring adventurer’

Environmental anthropologist Kenny Broad has been selected for the National Geographic 2006 Emerging Explorer Award. This title is bestowed annually to eight rising talents who push the boundaries of discovery, adventure and global problem-solving, and awards each up-and-comer with $10,000. National Geographic selected this Rosenstiel School professor for its 2006 group because of his unique perspectives on the relationship between climate, society and natural resource management, and for his work exploring challenging underwater environments.

Broad received his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1999 and is an assistant professor at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science in the Division of Marine Affairs and Policy, and the Center for Ecosystem Science and Policy.

He holds a joint appointment at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. Working in the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean, Broad studies climate impacts and human perception, the use and misuse of scientific information, decision making under uncertainty, marine protected areas and issues of societal equity.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...