Metal band Dead to Fall’s new music is pure chaos

It’s hard to write an impartial review of a death metal album. It’s one of the few alienating genres that strive to turn people off, often quite successfully. Dead to Fall is a classic death metal band. Full of vigor and untidiness, their songs are not songs but intensified emotions. Pretty much anything that could be equated with being miserable is the subject for most death metal songs. Dead to Fall glorify this absence of sense and purpose for heavy music that promotes head banging.

Villainy and Virtue is 10 songs of anguish, torment, guilt, resentment, longing and anything else you could attach a negative association to. Twin guitars, ever so apparent on most of Villainy and Virtue, plague Dead to Fall like they do most bands. Long since heavy metal, the clich

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...