Metal band Dead to Fall’s new music is pure chaos

It’s hard to write an impartial review of a death metal album. It’s one of the few alienating genres that strive to turn people off, often quite successfully. Dead to Fall is a classic death metal band. Full of vigor and untidiness, their songs are not songs but intensified emotions. Pretty much anything that could be equated with being miserable is the subject for most death metal songs. Dead to Fall glorify this absence of sense and purpose for heavy music that promotes head banging.

Villainy and Virtue is 10 songs of anguish, torment, guilt, resentment, longing and anything else you could attach a negative association to. Twin guitars, ever so apparent on most of Villainy and Virtue, plague Dead to Fall like they do most bands. Long since heavy metal, the clich

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...