UMNEWS – Center for Hemispheric Policy to host panel

The University of Miami’s Center for Hemispheric Policy will host a panel discussion entitled “Implications of Latin America’s Move to the Left” on Feb. 22 at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables.

Presentations and discussions will include distinguished panelists Javier Corrales, associate professor in the Department of Political Science at Amherst College in Massachusetts; Peter DeShazo, director of the Americas Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.; Stephen Johnson, senior policy Analyst for the Americas Program; Joy Olson, director of The Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) in Washington, D.C.; and Joseph Tulchin, senior fellow of the Latin American Program at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars in Washington, D.C.

The program will be held on Feb. 22 from 8 to 10 a.m. If interested, please register by email to alana.gutierrez@miami.edu, by fax at (305) 284-9871 or by phone at (305) 284-3707. Students and academics are free with a valid ID.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...