UMNEWS – Center for Hemispheric Policy to host panel

The University of Miami’s Center for Hemispheric Policy will host a panel discussion entitled “Implications of Latin America’s Move to the Left” on Feb. 22 at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables.

Presentations and discussions will include distinguished panelists Javier Corrales, associate professor in the Department of Political Science at Amherst College in Massachusetts; Peter DeShazo, director of the Americas Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.; Stephen Johnson, senior policy Analyst for the Americas Program; Joy Olson, director of The Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) in Washington, D.C.; and Joseph Tulchin, senior fellow of the Latin American Program at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars in Washington, D.C.

The program will be held on Feb. 22 from 8 to 10 a.m. If interested, please register by email to alana.gutierrez@miami.edu, by fax at (305) 284-9871 or by phone at (305) 284-3707. Students and academics are free with a valid ID.

USA Diving announced the recipients of its annual awards at a ceremony in conjunction with the 2017 ...