LETTER TO THE EDITOR

I was disappointed to read the recent Hurricane editorial regarding University Village on Friday, Feb. 3. We are extremely excited to be building the first housing project at the University in almost 40 years, and we believe the students are excited as well. The University Village Leasing Office, located in Apartment 42G, opened its doors this past Wednesday, and during their first day UV representatives met with more than 200 students interested in the apartments.

The rental rates for the apartments will be as follows: one bed/one bath $1250, two bed/two bath $815, four bed/four bath $735 and four bed/two bath $675. Included in the rates are utilities (electricity, water), cable, local telephone service, unlimited internet connectivity and free parking. The University Village complex will be landscaped to look like the rest of the campus. Hurry ‘Canes shuttles will stop at three locations throughout the complex and a well-lit landscaped pedestrian walkway connecting the Village to the rest of the campus was just completed. All students living at University Village will be able to park for free at one of two gated garages within the complex. This will reduce the number of students who currently drive to the campus, which will improve the parking situation for the rest of the off-campus students.

The role of the Community Assistants will be somewhat different [from]that of the Resident Assistants as less programming will be required for upperclass students; however, CAs will address any policy violations that come to their attention in an effort to maintain a certain quality of life for all residents.

The leasing process will begin this week. Students will be able to apply online through MyUM. Additional information will be made available through the website www.miami.edu/universityvillage, through The Hurricane and IBIS News.

Should students have questions or concerns regarding living at University Village, they should visit the Leasing Office at Apartment 42 G or call (305) 284-3680.

Sincerely,

Gilbert Arias

Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...