We Are Scientists ready to follow in the footstes of other emo bands

With a love for kittens and edgy emo beats, We Are Scientists fall closely in the same category as already popular favorites Franz Ferdinand, the Shins and the Thrills. With With Love and Squalor, the group starts with head-bopping beats that singsong scream about fallen relationships, the cycle of life and seemingly real life-relationships.

Drum and guitar provide the heavy rhythms that do not drift far from those of other emo bands; sending any listener into an awkward spiral of head bobbing and foot tapping. Pleasantly surprising, We Are Scientists manage to incorporate some creative and very catching lyrics. In track three, titled “Can’t Lose,” the song starts out, “The party is alright, I might want to stop drinking, what were we talking about.” Despite the lack of insight in the opening line, the song speaks to those who find themselves caught up in the spiraling world of drugs and drinking.

Regardless of the depth or the seeming similarity to other emo bands that so frequently populate the current billboard charts, We Are Scientists communicates strong lyrics and an extreme musical talent. Listeners won’t have to wait long to see this band on MTV and VH1.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...