UMNEWS News media ownership discussed at forum

In light of recent news on possible sale of Knight Ridder Newspapers across the country, the University of Miami and the Society of Professional Journalists will co-sponsor a forum to discuss News Media Ownership on Feb. 10 at 11:15 a.m. at the School of Communication courtyard.

The forum will include discussions on whether a new model of ownership could protect newsrooms from the investor imperatives that are forcing this sale. Participants for the forum include Douglas Arthur, newspaper analyst at the Wall Street firm MorganStanley; Bob Ingle, former head of Knight Ridder new media and former executive editor of the company’s San Jose Mercury News, and Robert G. Picard, founder of the journal Media Economics and professor of media management at the Jonkoping International Business School in Sweden.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...