UMNEWS News media ownership discussed at forum

In light of recent news on possible sale of Knight Ridder Newspapers across the country, the University of Miami and the Society of Professional Journalists will co-sponsor a forum to discuss News Media Ownership on Feb. 10 at 11:15 a.m. at the School of Communication courtyard.

The forum will include discussions on whether a new model of ownership could protect newsrooms from the investor imperatives that are forcing this sale. Participants for the forum include Douglas Arthur, newspaper analyst at the Wall Street firm MorganStanley; Bob Ingle, former head of Knight Ridder new media and former executive editor of the company’s San Jose Mercury News, and Robert G. Picard, founder of the journal Media Economics and professor of media management at the Jonkoping International Business School in Sweden.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...