Hite brings Hurricanes back from second-half deficit

Senior Robert Hite valiantly answered the call with his team trailing, hitting five of seven three-pointers on his way to scoring 17 second-half points in the Hurricanes’ 78-69 win against Wake Forest.

“This has to be one of the top shooting nights I’ve had since I’ve been at Miami,” Hite said. “I was feeling tonight. I felt like everything I was putting up was going in.”

Hite tied a career high with seven three-pointers, a feat he accomplished last year against FIU. His 25 points gave him more than 1,500 for his career and moved him into eighth place on Miami’s all-time scoring list.

In the first half, Wake Forest looked determined to improve its 1-6 record in the ACC, shooting 6-for-7 from three-point range. Justin Gray looked crisp, shooting 5-for-6 from beyond the arc while scoring 17 first-half points.

In the second half, Miami stepped up its defense, holding Gray to just three points. Then, with the Hurricanes desperately needing a run, Robert Hite stepped up with clutch outside shots.

“He’s playing at an unbelievable level right now,” Head Coach Frank Haith said. “I’m really proud of him because he’s… stepping up in big games. He has been our most consistent player all year.”

Michael Holt can be contacted at: m.holt1@umiami.edu.

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...