Hite brings Hurricanes back from second-half deficit

Senior Robert Hite valiantly answered the call with his team trailing, hitting five of seven three-pointers on his way to scoring 17 second-half points in the Hurricanes’ 78-69 win against Wake Forest.

“This has to be one of the top shooting nights I’ve had since I’ve been at Miami,” Hite said. “I was feeling tonight. I felt like everything I was putting up was going in.”

Hite tied a career high with seven three-pointers, a feat he accomplished last year against FIU. His 25 points gave him more than 1,500 for his career and moved him into eighth place on Miami’s all-time scoring list.

In the first half, Wake Forest looked determined to improve its 1-6 record in the ACC, shooting 6-for-7 from three-point range. Justin Gray looked crisp, shooting 5-for-6 from beyond the arc while scoring 17 first-half points.

In the second half, Miami stepped up its defense, holding Gray to just three points. Then, with the Hurricanes desperately needing a run, Robert Hite stepped up with clutch outside shots.

“He’s playing at an unbelievable level right now,” Head Coach Frank Haith said. “I’m really proud of him because he’s… stepping up in big games. He has been our most consistent player all year.”

Michael Holt can be contacted at: m.holt1@umiami.edu.

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

UM administrators, coaches and alums took part in yesterday's allCanes Holiday Shopping Spree f ...