why U should give a FLIP about UFLIPIT.COM

If you are completely frustrated that you haven’t received one response about the flyers you posted to sell your couch, “need a roommate ASAP to make this month’s rent,” or “too drunk to write your term paper due tomorrow morning,” then uflipit.com is right for you. A hybrid of eBay and Craig’s List, uflipit.com is a new website designed explicitly for college students, where one can buy, “flip” (a.k.a. sell) and trade just about anything a college student needs. What makes it different? Uflipit allows students to specify their university when searching for buyers or sellers, essentially eliminating the need for shipping.

Uflipit was created by two recent University of Maryland graduates in business and marketing, Jarrad Lewis and Greg Soroka, who were irritated by the problems of trying to find a buyer for their apartment furniture despite the University’s nearly 40,000 student base. Their thought was, “if only there was a way to let everyone interested in buying know they were dying to sell.” Thus, uflipit was born.

Lewis and Soroka are hoping to corner the college market in a way that pre-existing sites in their genre cannot: make the site completely student-friendly. Only two years out of college, “We know what college kinds want,” Lewis said.

Uflipit already exists at almost every college in the country, and students have the opportunity to register their products and filter their search by school, making the market completely localized. The filter is not required, however, and students can also trade, for example, textbooks, with a student at a university across the country, even though that textbook might no longer be used here at UM.

To keep the site only open to college students, with the exception of a limited number of relevant stores selling new products, users need a .edu email address to register. Additionally, for students, the services uflipit provides are completely free.

“We want to emphasize the free,” Lewis said. There are no listing fees for students and the company makes no commission off of student sales. All products sold are student-related as well. According to Lewis, “Uflipit has all the cool stuff college students buy: dorm room d

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...