UMNEWS – Two lectures look at effects of music on brain

As part of the Stamps Family Distinguished Visitors Series, Donald A. Hodges will be a visiting lecturer at the Frost School of Music from March 1 to 3. On March 1 at 8:00 p.m., Hodges will present “What’s Going on in There? Peaking into the Music Brain” in the Victor E. Clarke Recital Hall located in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. On March 3 at 9:00 a.m., he will present “Can Neuroscience tell us whether Music Makes us Smarter” in Broby Hall located in the Broby Wing. Both lectures are free and open to the public.

Hodges is Covington Distinguished Professor of Music Education and director of the Music Research Institute at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He is contributing editor of the Handbook of Music Psychology and the accompanying Multimedia Companion and has published book chapters, articles and research papers on music education and music psychology. He has served on the editorial boards of Music Educators Journal and Update: Applications of Research in Music Education.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...