UMNEWS – Two lectures look at effects of music on brain

As part of the Stamps Family Distinguished Visitors Series, Donald A. Hodges will be a visiting lecturer at the Frost School of Music from March 1 to 3. On March 1 at 8:00 p.m., Hodges will present “What’s Going on in There? Peaking into the Music Brain” in the Victor E. Clarke Recital Hall located in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. On March 3 at 9:00 a.m., he will present “Can Neuroscience tell us whether Music Makes us Smarter” in Broby Hall located in the Broby Wing. Both lectures are free and open to the public.

Hodges is Covington Distinguished Professor of Music Education and director of the Music Research Institute at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He is contributing editor of the Handbook of Music Psychology and the accompanying Multimedia Companion and has published book chapters, articles and research papers on music education and music psychology. He has served on the editorial boards of Music Educators Journal and Update: Applications of Research in Music Education.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...