Dear V

I have a wonderful boyfriend and let’s just say that we have an amazing sex life. I didn’t think my boyfriend had anything to complain about but recently he’s been pressuring me into inviting either another guy or another girl for a threesome. I am a devout Catholic, and I love my boyfriend. We’ve been together now for seven months and it’s been absolute bliss. I really have no desire to share him with anyone. Nor would I want to have him share me with someone else.

I don’t know what to do. I have told him what I think about this, but how can I make him understand that I’m just not interested in participating?

-Distraught pleasure queen

Dear Reader,

Your quandary is totally understandable. And, in my opinion, your problem is fairly typical; it is undeniable that there will always be differences between a couple in any or every aspect of a romantic relationship. One of the toughest parts of any relationship (friendship or otherwise) is learning how to navigate these differences without letting the whole thing blow up and completely losing the person you care so much about.

Obviously at this point breaking up with your boyfriend is not an option. However, I also believe that participating in or feeling obligated (i.e. feeling pressured) to participate in any kind of sexual activity against will is completely not cool and is in fact a violation of dignity. For the record, rape can and does happen within the confines of a relationship. And, let’s face the practicalities here-if you’re not into the idea of having a threesome, things just aren’t going to be pleasant for you in the heat of the moment.

Yes, it’s unsettling to realize that your boyfriend wants to sleep with someone else, and yes it’s hurtful to know that the sexual dynamic of your relationship is not completely in sync. But, I say stick to your guns right now. Perhaps one day you might warm to the idea of engaging in a threesome, but until then don’t. And, if your boyfriend continues to pressure you. you might want to reexamine the relationship as a whole.

Best of luck!

V.

Fact O’ the Day.About 42 percent of sexually active women achieve orgasm during intercourse.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

V. is a senior majoring in psychology and creative writing.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...