UMNEWS – Autism research unites UM and Vanderbilt

The Dan Marino Foundation announced a $1.2 million pledge over three years to the University of Miami and Vanderbilt University to develop the Marino Autism Research Institute (MARI).

This generous contribution will fund a “virtual institute,” the first of its kind in the nation, designed specifically to sponsor cross-university collaborative research and community outreach on autism.

Beginning in January 2006, the MARI interdisciplinary team will work in the areas of psychology, neuroscience, medicine and special education to develop cross-site research, clinical and training opportunities. This effort will promote highly innovative science through a unique research and service program involving the University of Miami Center for Autism and Related Disabilities and the TRIAD program of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development. The collaboration will serve the autism and scientific communities by emphasizing the use of cutting-edge methodologies to identify the causes of autism, and the development of creative, evidence-based treatments and support programs designed to improve the lives of children with autism and their families.

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Members from the Miami track and field team spent the afternoon at the Boys and Girls Club in Miami ...

University of Miami diver Briadam Herrera collected a 1-meter national title at the Greensboro Aquat ...

Two Hurricanes receive AVCA All-America recognition for first time since 2014. ...

Coming off its first top-25 victory of the year, the Miami women's basketball team will play it ...