The Starting Five

Guard Renee Taylor 5′ 2” Junior

Taylor, a transfer from Monroe Community College, will have to fill the void from the graduation of Yalonda McCormick. Last season Taylor averaged more than 30 points per game in leading MCC to consecutive NJCAA National Championships.

Guard Katie Hayek 5′ 9” Senior

Used as a three-point and defensive specialist off the bench in previous years, Hayek will be asked to play increased minutes to help keep a young team stable. Hayek was one of only five Hurricanes to play in all 29 games.

Forward Melissa Knight 5′ 11” Redshirt Senior

Knight returns after missing all of last season due to the second ACL injury of her career. She is one of the leaders of this year’s Hurricanes, expected to lock down opponents’ best scorers and provide a consistent offensive threat. She is 10th in school history in three-pointers made.

Forward Tamara James 5′ 10” Senior

James has been the ‘Canes’ attention-getter throughout her four years in Coral Gables. She finished second in the nation in scoring last season and was nominated for every major award this preseason. She is currently third in school history in points per game (20) and could challenge Maria Rivera’s school record of 2,358 career points.

Center Amy Audibert 6′ 3” Junior

After playing sparingly as a freshman, Audibert made seven starts in 18 appearances last season, netting a career-high 12 points against Coppin State. Because teams like Duke and North Carolina boast size to complement its shooters, Audibert, a native of Ontario, will be critical to Miami’s low-post game.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...

Hurricanes and Wolfpack face off at noon Sunday in Raleigh, N.C. ...