Coach’s Corner

How do you get your team to not overlook Wake Forest after such a big win?

It’s not that hard because we haven’t gotten to where we all want to get to at the end of the season yet. And when we look at Wake Forest, they have some pretty good talent, so we definitely can’t take them lightly.

What impressed you the most on Saturday?

The intensity with which our defense played I think was tremendous and really helped our football team win that game.

Tyrone Moss is done for the season with an ACL injury. Do you see the running back job being in the hands of only Charlie Jones or a combination of all the backs?

Well our number one guy now is Charlie Jones, but that doesn’t mean we won’t see Derron [Thomas] or Andrew Johnson. And we also have to throw Quad Hill in there too.

When looking at Wake Forest, how much do you go back to the tape from last year’s game to see what worked so well in the blowout win?

We definitely go back to take a look, but one of the main things we do is look to see if they are doing the same things this year as they did last year.

Did Marcus Vick have an off day, was it the tremendous defense, or a combination?

Well I don’t know about Marcus; you’d have to go ask him if he had an off day, but our defense was so quick and just played tremendous. They definitely took Vick out of what he likes to do.

Send questions for Larry Coker to e.kalis@umiami.edu.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...