Report Card

Offense: A-

Kudos to Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner for his game plan of pounding the ball up the middle with Tyrone Moss and Charlie Jones, allowing Kyle Wright to make good play-action throws. Werner’s formula allowed the offense to control the clock against the second-best defense in the country.

Quarterbacks: A-

Simply put, Wright took a licking and kept on ticking. After a blatant cheap shot from Darryl Tapp, Wright came back and made some key throws, including a touchdown to Darnell Jenkins. His interception late in the game prevents me from giving him a solid A.

Running Backs: A

You have to feel bad for Tyrone Moss, who was having an unbelievable season until his knee injury Saturday night. Charlie Jones stepped in for Moss and did a great job. Expect Jones to be productive as the new starting tailback for the rest of the year.

Wide Receivers: B

Darnell Jenkins only makes about 15 catches a year, but it seems like at least half of those receptions come on key third down plays, including a pair of critical grabs against Virginia Tech.

Offensive Line: A

Maligned for most of the season, especially after the Florida State game, the o-line had an all-around stellar effort, opening holes up front for Jones to plow through and giving Wright the protection he needed on passing downs. It’s impossible not to notice the improvement of Anthony Wollschlager at center.

Defense: A+

I would love to see this unit match up against USC or Texas. I do not care how great Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and Vince Young are; I still do not see their teams putting up many points against the Hurricanes.

Defensive Line: A+

The first unit was amazing. I have never seen Orien Harris so inspired. The second line was better than most teams’ starting fronts, with Kareem Brown, Calais Campbell and Javon Nanton leading the charge.

Linebackers: A+

Rocky McIntosh has to be a first-round pick after his performance in Blacksburg. He carried a unit that struggled at times last year. When Willie Williams got a chance to take some snaps, he showed that he will be able to assume McIntosh’s role as unit leader next year.

Secondary: A+

Speaking of players who should be first round picks, Brandon Meriweather and Kelly Jennings were amazing on Saturday. Meriweather was used as an extra blitzer on occasion, and Jennings was dominant in coverage, finishing with two interceptions.

Special Teams: A

Devin Hester was shaken up in the win, which hopefully was not too serious. Jon Peattie converted his two field goal attempts, and Brian Monroe did a fine job of helping Miami control field position.

Coaching: A+

There should be no more criticism of the following individuals: Art Kehoe, Dan Werner, Randy Shannon and most importantly, Larry Coker.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...