On matters of unbridled annoyance

I was pondering what annoys me the other day and decided I’d think about it on paper. In that spirit of reflection, I’m never too shameless to abscond with someone else’s great idea, so with a great big hat tip to David Letterman, here are the top 10 things I find annoying:

10. Those who render excessive commentary in class: OK we get it, you did the reading. Good for you. Now go home and get your shine box.

9. Flip flopping with your iPod: Who cares about the annoying noise flip-flops make, you can’t hear it; you’re plugged into your own portable Matrix. And look -you’ve got an iPod. I bow to your greatness.

8. People who wear flip-flops and then play with their toes in public: You’re nasty.

7. Men who wear pink-: Pink is a girls color. What, did you think white made you look fat?

6. People who think Condeleeza Rice is going to run for president-get a job-it isn’t going to happen, she doesn’t have the charisma for a national campaign. Plus, she doesn’t want to be president.

5. People who panic if they think they might miss the elevator: We don’t need to fit 20 bodies in there because you can’t wait 30 seconds for the next elevator. This isn’t the Tokyo subway.

4. People who think everyone wants to be involved in their cell phone conversation: You already disturbed the peace with your annoying ring tone. Now we must listen to your inability to master the spoken English language. “Like omigod, I know.”

3. The Super-Involved Student: Please go get drunk or something.

2. Whining about the UNICCO workers: It’s a tough job and they get paid crap. But nobody’s forcing them to keep working for UNICCO if it sucks so bad. Take it from this former Sanitation Worker (yes, I used to be a garbage man-back of the truck, maggots and all that… $75 for a 12-hour day), you do what you have to do. That doesn’t make you a saint; it makes you realistic. Those of you that complain about UNICCO all the time should stop acting like you’re not just as exploitative as those you condemn.

1: That guy that walks across campus singing at the top of his lungs: Dude, you have no tone, you have no rhythm, and you sing like a dying goose. We get it; you want everyone to see that you’re here. Now go home and get your shine box.

Scott Wacholtz can be contacted at s.wacholtz@umiami.edu.

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...