Briefs – SWIMMING AND DIVING * CROSS-COUNTRY

SWIMMING AND DIVING

The University of Miami swimming and diving team fell to in-state rival Florida Atlantic, 160-129, in its season opener Saturday afternoon at the FAU pool.

The Hurricanes (0-1) took first and second in both the one and three meter diving events. Sophomore Jenna Dreyer placed first on the one-meter with a score 309.43 while senior Melanie Rinaldi finished in second with a score of 272.86. Dreyer once again finished on top in the three meter with a score of 244.95. Junior Heather Bounds took second with a score of 229.58.

Junior Ashley Knapp and freshman Christine Zwiegers were the only other Hurricanes to record first place finishes.

The Hurricanes return to action next Saturday with an 11:00 a.m. dual-meet against cross-town rival Florida International.

CROSS-COUNTRY

Senior Melanie Schultz completed the six kilometer course in a career-best time of 21:29.4 to finish 25th at the Chile Pepper Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark. Schultz has been the Hurricanes’ top finisher in the last 15 races she has competed in over the last three seasons.

Miami recorded 639 points to finish 24th out of 38 teams. Oklahoma State (64 points) won the team title.

The Chile Pepper Invitational is the final tune-up for the Hurricanes before the ACC Cross Country Championships, Oct. 31, in Tallahassee, Fla.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...