Says he doesn’t love you? Kick out live-in boyfriend

My boyfriend of two years recently told me that he doesn’t love me and doesn’t know if he wants to be in a relationship with me. To make things even worse, we live together. He says that he’s confused and that he doesn’t know why. My friends tell me that I shouldn’t put up with him, but I don’t think that I can leave this relationship that I’ve put two years of my life into.

Even More Confused

Dear Reader,

Dump this creep! You cannot seriously tell me that you don’t have enough self-respect for yourself to not quickly escape this monstrosity of a relationship. Honestly, the more that you put up with his B.S., the more he will continue to slap you in the face; the way that people treat you is very much a reflection of the way that you let them treat you. If you don’t speak up for yourself, he will only continue to walk alllll over you.

And, as for his state of confusion, give me a break! What a lousy excuse for an excuse! His confusion does not justify his wavering commitment to the relationship. He told you that he doesn’t love you, what is there to be confused about? He needs to pack it up, and you need to make sure that you not only pack it up, but that you move the hell on to something or someone else.

Absolute done deal: Get rid of him and don’t let people trample on your heart without some kind of formative vengeance. What he is doing is plain old wrong, wrong wrong! And the fact that you’re actually putting up with him is pretty damn close to being completely inexcusable on your part. Listen, you’re not married, you don’t have kids, and hopefully you don’t share a bank account. Can you imagine how much lousier your situation would be if he had pulled this stunt and you had any of the above? Worse, what if you decided to put up with his weird behavior and took him back only to be shot down again?

So save yourself future time and effort and do the dumping deed now. Bottom line: Nobody needs backstabbing people in their lives-learn it, live it, love it.

Best of luck,

V.

Facts O’ the Day: 30 percent of women over the age of 80 still have sex with their spouse or their boyfriend, and 56 percent of men have had sex at work.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...