Says he doesn’t love you? Kick out live-in boyfriend

My boyfriend of two years recently told me that he doesn’t love me and doesn’t know if he wants to be in a relationship with me. To make things even worse, we live together. He says that he’s confused and that he doesn’t know why. My friends tell me that I shouldn’t put up with him, but I don’t think that I can leave this relationship that I’ve put two years of my life into.

Even More Confused

Dear Reader,

Dump this creep! You cannot seriously tell me that you don’t have enough self-respect for yourself to not quickly escape this monstrosity of a relationship. Honestly, the more that you put up with his B.S., the more he will continue to slap you in the face; the way that people treat you is very much a reflection of the way that you let them treat you. If you don’t speak up for yourself, he will only continue to walk alllll over you.

And, as for his state of confusion, give me a break! What a lousy excuse for an excuse! His confusion does not justify his wavering commitment to the relationship. He told you that he doesn’t love you, what is there to be confused about? He needs to pack it up, and you need to make sure that you not only pack it up, but that you move the hell on to something or someone else.

Absolute done deal: Get rid of him and don’t let people trample on your heart without some kind of formative vengeance. What he is doing is plain old wrong, wrong wrong! And the fact that you’re actually putting up with him is pretty damn close to being completely inexcusable on your part. Listen, you’re not married, you don’t have kids, and hopefully you don’t share a bank account. Can you imagine how much lousier your situation would be if he had pulled this stunt and you had any of the above? Worse, what if you decided to put up with his weird behavior and took him back only to be shot down again?

So save yourself future time and effort and do the dumping deed now. Bottom line: Nobody needs backstabbing people in their lives-learn it, live it, love it.

Best of luck,

V.

Facts O’ the Day: 30 percent of women over the age of 80 still have sex with their spouse or their boyfriend, and 56 percent of men have had sex at work.

Please send probing inquiries to DearV@hotmail.com or drop V a line in her box in the office of The Hurricane. All questions and comments will remain anonymous.