REPORT CARD

Quarterbacks: B-

I have no doubts about Kyle Wright’s potential. Through four games, he has shown the arm, legs and presence of all the great Miami quarterbacks. I do have to nit-pick about two things: taking sacks when he has ample time to get rid of the ball and fumbled snaps.

Running Backs: B+

Tyrone Moss certainly was a force, scoring three touchdowns. Maybe I’m delusional, but I think Moss could have had a 150-200 yard game instead of 89. Charlie Jones and Deron Thomas both looked promising in mop-up action.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C+

Greg Olsen has all the tools in the world, but he can’t seem to get into the end zone. My jaws dropped when he got stripped after a 57-yard catch that should have been an easy touchdown. I am still waiting for a Lance Leggett break-out game. I hope I don’t end up waiting forever.

Offensive Line: D+

South Florida put a ton of pressure on Wright, and much blame for that goes to the offensive line. O-line coach Art Kehoe wouldn’t talk to the media after the game. I feel his pain.

Defensive Line: A

Even a reserve line of Dwayne Hendricks, Antonio Dixon, Rhyan Anderson and Vegas Franklin wreaked havoc on Pat Julmiste late in the game. The depth of the defense is mind-boggling. The starters were dominant as well.

Linebackers: A

This unit is much more active than last year. Rocky McIntosh was all over the field and Leon Williams was crushing people, especially when he nailed Julmiste on South Florida’s goal line, a play that was negated by a penalty.

Secondary: A+

Ponder-Phillips-Phillips might look like a law firm on paper, but Lavon, Kenny and Randy could produce the greatest secondary ever at UM (my apologies to Mike Rumph, Ed Reed and Phillip Buchanon).

Special Teams: A-

Jon Peattie might be back to his freshman form. Last season, Miami wouldn’t have tried a 48-yard field goal, which he hit cleanly on Saturday. Devin Hester finally busted out a nice return as well.

Coaching: B

Offensive Coordinator Dan Werner’s red zone offense is so predictable that fans were shouting “Moss up the middle” before each play inside the 20. All right, I made that up, but the red zone offense is predictable. Kudos to Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon for not letting USF run any trick plays.

Compiled By Eric Kalis

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...