Pussycat Dolls deserve to be on the top of the charts

Topping the charts across the world, the Pussycat Dolls have come a long way from where they started. The six ladies, led by 27-going-on 20-year-old lead singer Nicole, have taken over the radio waves and the billboard charts, causing a buzz wherever they go. Their new album, PCD, is 12 tracks of pure pop, solidifying the group’s spot in the recording industry as a powerhouse girl group. Their first single, “Don’t Cha,” featuring Busta Rhymes, starts the CD, followed by tracks and tracks of deep beats and edgy lyrics. First known as an L.A. cabaret for young Hollywood to guest star and shake it, this album proves the talent of these ladies.

The songs carry a similar beat, making the transition from track to track smooth. Aside from the talents of the girls themselves, guests producers spice up the songs and the mix of slow and fast create a good tempo. The final songs on the CD are remakes of old classics. Songs such as “How Many Times, How Many Lies,” “Bite the Dust” and “Right Now” are revived with the sultry sounds of the girls’ voices and exaggerated beats. The best remake by far is “Tainted Love,” which seemingly carries a stronger sounding base tone than the original.

Compared frequently to the Spice Girls, these ladies seem to have more staying power than those before them and their success is from true talent. Overall the CD is a good mix of old and new that is sure to last and the twisted remakes of classic songs are just too good to pass up.

Joanna Davila can be contacted at j.davila1@umiami.edu.

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...