UMNEWS – UM law professor takes active role outside the campus community

The Children’s Trust has selected University of Miami School of Law professor Bernard Perlmutter as the first recipient of the newly established Champion for Children award.

Bernard Perlmutter is assistant professor of clinical legal education and director of the Children & Youth Law Clinic at the University of Miami. Before becoming director of the Clinic in 1995, Perlmutter was an attorney with Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. and director of the Children’s Law Project in the Civil Law Clinic at Nova Southeastern University.

Perlmutter was chosen as the recipient of this award after a month-long nomination and selection process. He will be honored at a reception for 500 people to be held Tuesday, Oct. 11, at Parrot Jungle Island’s Treetop Ballroom.

The Children’s Trust established the Champion for Children award to raise awareness of the needs of children and inspire others to join in the work that is taking place on behalf of children and families in Miami-Dade county.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...