R E P O R T C A R D

Quarterbacks: B

It’s time to start getting excited about what this football team can do, and it begins with Kyle Wright. Although he took five sacks, Wright came through on third down time and again in Clemson, finishing with 152 yards and a touchdown.

Running Backs: A

Many skeptics, myself included, were worried that Tyrone Moss could not continue strong performances over the course of a full game. Well, Moss was awesome through four quarters and even better in the three overtimes, so I am going to eat a slice of humble pie now.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: B

Greg Olsen was taken out of the game completely by Clemson, but Ryan Moore had some big catches and Sinorice Moss might be a better playmaker than Roscoe Parrish. Darnell Jenkins made two huge third-down grabs as well.

Offensive Line: B-

Five sacks are still not good enough, although Wright brought at least two of those sacks upon himself by not getting rid of the ball enough. The run blocking was strong, as Moss was able to find trucksized holes up the middle at times.

Defensive Line: B-

When judging defensive units in a game like this, you have to ignore the score, because only allowing 30 points in essentially seven periods is actually quite impressive. The d-line could have gotten to Charlie Whitehurst more throughout the game, however.

Linebackers: C+

Willie Williams finally saw some action at linebacker early on and made a nice tackle, but for some reason he was not in during crunch time. Rocky McIntosh played a spirited game for the Hurricanes, but the overall unit needs a lot of work.

Secondary: B-

Mark my words: The Phillips boys, Ken and Randy, will make Hurricane fans forget Sean Taylor and Antrel Rolle even existed. That’s surely a bold claim, but after what I saw from them in Death Valley, particularly with Ken, I think we could be looking at the 2001 secondary all over again in a few years.

Special Teams: A-

Brian Monroe and Jon Peattie were worlds better than they were in Tallahassee. I knew the Florida State game was an aberration, but we needed to see competency out of the entire unit right away. You are forgiven, Devin Hester.

Coaching: C

The offensive play-calling needs much improvement and Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon has to patch up the holes at linebacker. While these are major concerns, they could be easy fixes if the right people are used.

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...