Top 5’s second run

Last week’s Top Fives were so popular among my six avid readers that I’ve decided, by popular demand, to continue doing them on a regular basis.

So here they are, submitted for your approval, because, without you, the reader, who would be there to tell me how funny I am? …other than the mirror.

Top five revelations resulting from the MLB steroid controversy

5. Never, has Rafael Palmeiro ever used steroids.

4. um…uh…(nervous laughter)

3. Cecil Fielder is the last great legitimate power hitter.

2. Bud Selig is a dirtbag. Wait, is that a revelation?

1. Nobody cares about baseball.

Top five reasons UM is building University Village

5. “Look, there’s some land. Let’s build on it!”

4. Students can’t sleep in Hecht lobby

3. Deep-rooted commitment to the class of 2017.

2. …make that class of 2026.

1. Coral Gables wouldn’t let us build a football stadium there

Top five real reasons the trees by the UC were removed

5. Elaborate plan by sororities to get sorority housing

4. Elaborate plan by sororities to get increased tanning time

3. Elaborate plan by fraternities to get sorority girl increased tanning time

2. Chartwells ran out of veggie burgers

1. Bingo! Football stadium.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...