Pick up the paper every Friday to read the Public Safety call log and learn ways to protect yourself and your belongings.
Safety Tip of the Week: Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. Students are targets too. Here are some steps you can take to protect yourself from becoming a victim:
* Don’t give personal information over the phone.
* Guard your mail.
* Do not provide unnecessary personal information.
* Protect your Social Security number.
* Carry only ID and credit cards actually needed.
* Watch out for promotional scams.
* Check your credit score once a year.
* Make sure you log off computers in public labs.
* Protect your computer password.
If you are a victim of a crime, call the Department of Public Safety at 305-284-6666, or if calling from a campus phone dial 8-6666.
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 31
8:57 p.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr.
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1
4:43 a.m. 1241 Dickinson Dr.
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 6
8:45 a.m. 1211 Dickinson Dr.
12:35 p.m. 1210 Stanford Dr.
Hit and Run