Minkus lists his top 5s

Care what’s going on in the world? Watch the news. Care what Ben Minkus thinks? Probably not, but thanks to these handy dandy top-five lists, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look of how one UM student perceives reality. (Note: the following thoughts conveyed in the following lists do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Hurricane or its editors…or, awkward as it may sound, of Ben Minkus).

WORLD

Top five reasons Bush nominated John Roberts for Chief Justice of the U.S.A.

5. Doesn’t know names of any actual existing justices

4. Fell asleep watching 700 Club marathon

3. Judge Judy wouldn’t return his calls

2. Hey, anything for the people of New Orleans

1. Dick Cheney told him to

SPORTS

Top five reasons UM lost to FSU 10-7

5. “Hurricanes” is now a more offensive nickname than “Seminoles”

4. Needed more playing time from Willie Williams

3. Needed more playing time from Buck Ortega

2. Collective misinterpretation of meaning of “special teams”

1. The law of averages kicked in

ENTERTAINMENT

Top five reasons the MTV Video Music Awards show was a smashing success

5. The Grammys have gotten too “pop”

4. It’s all part of MTV’s stellar programming package

3. Carson Daly has been missing for eight months

2. Finally, somebody gave Green Day a little airplay

1. FP & L fixed their power first.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...