Minkus lists his top 5s

Care what’s going on in the world? Watch the news. Care what Ben Minkus thinks? Probably not, but thanks to these handy dandy top-five lists, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look of how one UM student perceives reality. (Note: the following thoughts conveyed in the following lists do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Hurricane or its editors…or, awkward as it may sound, of Ben Minkus).

WORLD

Top five reasons Bush nominated John Roberts for Chief Justice of the U.S.A.

5. Doesn’t know names of any actual existing justices

4. Fell asleep watching 700 Club marathon

3. Judge Judy wouldn’t return his calls

2. Hey, anything for the people of New Orleans

1. Dick Cheney told him to

SPORTS

Top five reasons UM lost to FSU 10-7

5. “Hurricanes” is now a more offensive nickname than “Seminoles”

4. Needed more playing time from Willie Williams

3. Needed more playing time from Buck Ortega

2. Collective misinterpretation of meaning of “special teams”

1. The law of averages kicked in

ENTERTAINMENT

Top five reasons the MTV Video Music Awards show was a smashing success

5. The Grammys have gotten too “pop”

4. It’s all part of MTV’s stellar programming package

3. Carson Daly has been missing for eight months

2. Finally, somebody gave Green Day a little airplay

1. FP & L fixed their power first.

Ben Minkus can be contacted at b.minkus@umiami.edu.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...