E X T R A

OFF TO THE ISLE

Bob Denver, the actor who played Gilligan in Gilligan’s Island, died this
week at the age of 70. Denver, who was the star of the popular ’60s TV
show, died of terminal cancer.

THE BIG EASY ISN’T SO
EASY

New Orleans has seemingly started to bounce back from the destruction of Hurricane Katrina, complete with a new name, now known as N.O.

SCREEN STAR
DOWNSIZES

From the big screen to the small screen, Oscar winner Charlize Theron
will be joining the cast of Arrested Development on Fox. Theron has
signed to play the love interest of lead star Jason Bateman. The new season premieres on Sept. 19

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...