UMNEWS – University of Miami’s economic impact grows to $3.9 billion

The University of Miami pumps $3.9 billion into the local South Florida economy, according to a study conducted by the Washington Economics Group. With more than 10,000 employees, it is now the largest private employer in Miami-Dade County and the sixth largest employer overall.

“The University of Miami is inextricably linked to this wonderful and diverse community-and as a key intellectual and economic force, we are committed to its continued advancement,” said University President Donna E. Shalala.

In the city of Coral Gables, the University of Miami is the most important economic enterprise, with a total impact of $1.1 billion. Approximately 40 percent of the University’s total payroll budget is paid to employees who live in the city. In addition, the University enhances the quality of life for residents, inviting neighbors to participate in athletic, educational, and cultural activities on its suburban, tropical campus.

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterlie Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...