UMNEWS – University of Miami’s economic impact grows to $3.9 billion

The University of Miami pumps $3.9 billion into the local South Florida economy, according to a study conducted by the Washington Economics Group. With more than 10,000 employees, it is now the largest private employer in Miami-Dade County and the sixth largest employer overall.

“The University of Miami is inextricably linked to this wonderful and diverse community-and as a key intellectual and economic force, we are committed to its continued advancement,” said University President Donna E. Shalala.

In the city of Coral Gables, the University of Miami is the most important economic enterprise, with a total impact of $1.1 billion. Approximately 40 percent of the University’s total payroll budget is paid to employees who live in the city. In addition, the University enhances the quality of life for residents, inviting neighbors to participate in athletic, educational, and cultural activities on its suburban, tropical campus.

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...

The Miami soccer team registered a 3-0 victory over Pittsburgh Thursday night at Cobb Stadium behind ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team will open play Friday at the ITA Southeast Region ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...