Keeping up with the storm things to do during a hurricane………..

Hurricane Fashions

Despite the rain, thunder and lightning, dressing for weather doesn’t have to be a drag.

. Inexpensive umbrellas

. Wellies or rainboots

. Sperry’s for guys or girls

. Rubber flip-flops

. Waders (if the H20 gets that deep)

. Raincoats (avoid pricey brands)

Non-perishable foods that won’t threaten your appetite:

. Chocolate chip cookies

. Chips and salsa

. Mixed bags of candy

. Teddy grahams

. Mixed nuts

If you’re a health nut, stock up on rice cakes, organic chips, 100-calorie snack packs, non-salted nuts and dried fruits.

Buy candles with a muted smell like vanilla or sandalwood to mask the smell of rotting food, body odor and flood water.

Music

Load different music onto a charged iPod to help take the brain off the heat if electricity is lost.

Mellow

. Jack Johnson

. The Shins

. Coldplay

Upbeat

. Foo Fighters

. Black Eyed Peas

. Scissor Sisters

Things to remember!

Cell phones usually have games.Books and magazines can still be read by flashlight or candlelight

The hours spent inside are a good time to practice or learn card games.

Miami coach Jim Larranaga and his staff spent recent practices pushing his players to whip the ball ...

The University of Miami confirmed in a written release Sunday that starting cornerback Malek Young s ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

Bruce Brown Jr. scored 19 points leading Miami to victory over NC State in Raleigh. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-2) closed out its opening weekend with a 5-2 loss ...

With the help of dominating victories and dramatic comebacks, No. 19 Miami finished the day with an ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...