WVUM, the indie voice of UM

Dubbed as the independent voice of the University of Miami, WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-un radio station on campus. Boasting songs by underground bands, talk shows and live sports commentary, WVUM covers many aspects of on-air coverage.
Broadcasting from its center office in the University Center, the radio transmit reaches most of the Miami area, appealing to students and the community. Although the music played is predominantly underground, the station also plays folk, blues, country and jazz. For the rest of the week, nights are metal, rock, old-school hip-hop and call-in radio.
Opportunities are available for students to participate both on- and off-air at WVUM, from being a DJ to working in public relations.
Incorporating interviews, free giveaways and some Sunday Morning News, the radio station has excellent programming and student involvement. Ready for renovation because of old equipment, the station will also be getting a facelift soon, thanks to a student supported referendum on last semester’s election ballot.

Tune into WVUM 90.5 FM for a taste of the independent voice of the University of Miami or visit www.wvum.org for more information.

Juwan Dowels vividly remembers his first winter on the Syracuse University campus. Like the other 11 ...

Here are three matchups to watch Saturday as the Hurricanes take on the Syracuse Orange at Hard Rock ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will begin the season as No. 12 in the USA TODAY ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns home this weekend to host Atlantic Coast Conference ...