Watch movies in style at the Cosford Cinema

When was the last time that you stepped into a movie theater complete with velvet curtains and plush red seats? Welcome to the Bill Cosford Cinema, the University of Miami’s very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Oscar E. Dooly Memorial Classroom Building, the Cosford Cinema is run purely by students in the School of Communication, making many different movies available to a range of age groups.

Built to service students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to screening box office hits to students free of charge at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the screenings are behind their actual theater debut, students can still feel the tension of The Aviator and the comedy of Caddyshack. By simply showing a UM student ID, students have free access to most movies showed at the Cosford, including the many independent and foreign films that play on repeat during the weekends. Some of these films carry awards from renowned festivals such as Sundance and Cannes.

Furthering the availability of films shown in the theater, the Cosford participates in the Miami Film Festival and supports student films, exhibiting works of film students in our very own ‘Canes Film Festival. Delivering on-screen entertainment to the student body, the Cosford is a University original.

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public and free for students. For movie times call 305-284-4861.

CINEMATIC ARTS COMMISSION FALL MOVIES PREVIEW

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

He used to be a Gator. But junior Danny Reyes is plenty happy to be back home and playing for the Un ...

It’s a Wednesday morning, and one by one, the familiar Hurricane faces make their way into the non-d ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team moved into a sixth-place tie on day two ...

After a standout first weekend at the plate with the No. 24 Hurricanes, Miami's Danny Reyes was ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

Former University of Miami track and field standouts Shakima Wimbley and Tiffany Okieme were among t ...