Watch movies in style at the Cosford Cinema

When was the last time that you stepped into a movie theater complete with velvet curtains and plush red seats? Welcome to the Bill Cosford Cinema, the University of Miami’s very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Oscar E. Dooly Memorial Classroom Building, the Cosford Cinema is run purely by students in the School of Communication, making many different movies available to a range of age groups.

Built to service students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to screening box office hits to students free of charge at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the screenings are behind their actual theater debut, students can still feel the tension of The Aviator and the comedy of Caddyshack. By simply showing a UM student ID, students have free access to most movies showed at the Cosford, including the many independent and foreign films that play on repeat during the weekends. Some of these films carry awards from renowned festivals such as Sundance and Cannes.

Furthering the availability of films shown in the theater, the Cosford participates in the Miami Film Festival and supports student films, exhibiting works of film students in our very own ‘Canes Film Festival. Delivering on-screen entertainment to the student body, the Cosford is a University original.

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public and free for students. For movie times call 305-284-4861.

CINEMATIC ARTS COMMISSION FALL MOVIES PREVIEW

Daniela Deu was drawn to both architecture and urbanism, believes architecture can change communitie ...

Canes Basketball player development assistant will graduate with MSED in Sport Administation. ...

UOnline graduate will earn his M.S. in Health Informatics ...

Seeking a college experience within a diverse community, this graduate found her home away from home ...