Watch movies in style at the Cosford Cinema

When was the last time that you stepped into a movie theater complete with velvet curtains and plush red seats? Welcome to the Bill Cosford Cinema, the University of Miami’s very own movie theater. Located on the second floor of the Oscar E. Dooly Memorial Classroom Building, the Cosford Cinema is run purely by students in the School of Communication, making many different movies available to a range of age groups.

Built to service students, the Cosford Cinema devotes Wednesdays of every month to screening box office hits to students free of charge at 8 and 10 p.m. Although the screenings are behind their actual theater debut, students can still feel the tension of The Aviator and the comedy of Caddyshack. By simply showing a UM student ID, students have free access to most movies showed at the Cosford, including the many independent and foreign films that play on repeat during the weekends. Some of these films carry awards from renowned festivals such as Sundance and Cannes.

Furthering the availability of films shown in the theater, the Cosford participates in the Miami Film Festival and supports student films, exhibiting works of film students in our very own ‘Canes Film Festival. Delivering on-screen entertainment to the student body, the Cosford is a University original.

Tickets are $4 for UM employees with ID and $6 for the general public and free for students. For movie times call 305-284-4861.

CINEMATIC ARTS COMMISSION FALL MOVIES PREVIEW

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...