The Hurricane serves students

Staffed entirely by students, The Miami Hurricane is the on-campus newspaper of the University of Miami. Award-winning and regionally and nationally recognized for design, writing and style, the newspaper serves to inform students about all aspects of life.

Employing the talents of writers, designers, editors and photographers, The Hurricane supplies students with articles for an array of interests. A bi-weekly publication, printed on Tuesdays and Fridays, The Hurricane has a circulation of 10,000, making it a rather well known publication in the community.

Following the models of a standard college newspaper, the news section covers on campus events, campus safety, tips and activities sponsored by the organizations on campus-the news that directly affects students. In addition to reporting hard and soft news stories, the The Hurricane provides staffers a chance to voice opinions in the opinion section, some writers even dedicated to a specific column. Combined with a comic and the editorial reflecting the staff opinion on student issues, the paper provides thought-provoking and often humorous content.

Similar to newspaper standards, The Hurricane supplies students with a healthy dose of entertainment with the life and art section, EDGE. EDGE covers both on campus and off campus entertainment, focusing on music, fashion, film, up-and-coming stars and the best on the best events in town. Coupled with unique design, EDGE provides students with a taste of Miami culture outside the books and the on-campus film screenings.

If who’s dating who doesn’t get readers jumping, then the sports section is sure to pique the interests of enthusiasts. Specific to Miami sports, the section gives students a chance to read personal interviews with the athletes and coaches that make Miami such a big sports university. For those who didn’t quite make the cut, the sports section stays up to date with intramural scores, student questions and predictions for the seasons.

The Miami Hurricane can be picked up at any of the distribution boxes on campus located in the residence halls, the Oscar E. Dooly Memorial Classroom Building, the University Center, the Ashe Building and the Wolfson School of Communication. So put down the textbook and let your fingers feel the ink, read The Miami Hurricane.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...