Munch at the Rat

Relax on the swaying tables, play pool or simply enjoy a chicken wrap and a true vanilla milkshake. Hidden among the trees on the west side of Lake Osceola on campus, the Rathskeller is the UM restaurant, bar, entertainment hall and general afternoon hangout spot.

Relatively near the center of campus and staffed completely by smiling students, the Rat is an on-campus home for music and food lovers. Known for supporting student groups, local bands and blasting good tunes during regular hours, the Rat is two stories full of entertainment. The surrounding outdoor patio and full restaurant occupy the first floor, allowing plenty of space for eating and socializing, not to mention the extra-large salads, chicken fingers and beverages for affordable prices. Pool tables, televisions and plush leather couches comprise the top floor, functioning as a typical sports bar.

Furthermore, when the Rat isn’t packed with students cheering on bands or fellow Greeks, the Rathskeller Advisory Board sponsors activities such as Freaky Friday, where free food is a staple. Whether students are hanging out for the afternoon or attending a scheduled event, the Rathskeller is a definite campus hotspot.

Hours: Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

NFL Sundays noon to 8 p.m.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...