Miami comes alive at night

3426 Main Highway

Coconut Grove

305-444-5270

Bars

Sandbar Bar and Grill

A favorite for students, Sandbar Bar and Grill is one of the top nightspots of the Grove. Renowned for good American food and excellent drink prices, the long line from Thursday to Saturday is proof that what is inside is worth the wait outside. In addition, Sandbar plays host to themed nights such as White Trash Tuesday or Open Mic nights.

3416 Main Highway

Coconut Grove

305-447-3884

Tavern

Literally a hole in the wall, Tavern is surprisingly one of the most notorious spots in the Grove. From the soft rock music to the $6 pitchers and the endless sea of UM students, it’s rare when visitors have space to stand. Despite the dingy look and absence of light, Tavern is a Grove staple. If that doesn’t appeal to you, know that during the filming of upcoming film Miami Vice, Colin Farrell, has thrown back a few beers with Tavern bartenders.

1265 Washington Ave.

Miami Beach

305-534-0667

Playwrights

An Irish pub in South Beach, Playwrights is anything but glamorous. Sitting pretty on the side of Washington Avenue, the neon green sign sticks out among the long lines outside of nearby populars Mansion, B.E.D. and Crobar. Check out the local scene at Playwrights, but be forewarned because the bouncers are tough.

Clubs

136 Collins Ave.

Miami Beach

305-531-5535

Priv

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Darrell Langham's miraculous 28-yard catch set up Michael Badgley's game-winning field goa ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play Sunday evening at the 2017 Oracle/ITA ...

The University of Miami women's rowing team opened the fall portion of its 2017-18 schedule on ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami volleyball team demonstrated skill on both sides of the ball Sunday, sweepin ...