First Impression sits down with tennis’ Megan Bradley

Our Chris Hamilton sat down with former UM tennis player Megan Bradley, who ranked No. 1 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association poll.

First Impression: What was it like when you won the Indoor Championship last year?

Megan Bradley: To know that I won a National Championship is pretty amazing.

FI: Was there ever a time when you thought about quitting tennis?

MB: Oh yeah. Especially when I was little.

FI: Have you ever considered starting your own fashion line like Venus and Serena?

MB: I can’t even get my own clothes to match, let alone subjecting other people to wear it.

FI: You went to school and UCLA and now Miami. Which city has the better nightlife?

MB: L.A. Sunset Strip is much more accessible. South Beach is nice, but not quite the same.

FI: Do you think tennis has a steroid problem?

MB: No. You don’t need to be big and strong in tennis. Endurance is much more important.

FI: What would happen if the best pro women’s players played the worst men’s pro player?

MB: The man would win. They serve a lot faster, and the game is quicker.

FI: Do tennis shirts have a secret compartment to store extra balls or where do they come from?

MB: [Laughs] We have spandex under our skirts and we usually just stick them up there. It’s not like the balls appear like magic or anything.

FI: Which is a better feeling, serving an ace or acing a test?

MB: Serving an ace because you’re doing it to someone else. You can’t really go up to a teacher and be like, “Hey! I aced your test.”

FI: What’s the deal with the noises women make when they hit the ball?

MB: [Laughs] It’s an exhale. When you swing back and hit the ball you kind of make a grunting noise. Sometimes it gets pretty loud.

Chris Hamilton can be reached at

c.hamilton2@umiami.edu.

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...