ARC: A key to success

The Academic Resource Center (ARC) at UM is the place where students come to enhance their academic success.

The ARC offers programs to enhance textbook reading skills, develop organizational management tools and provide insight into establishing effective relationships with professors and instructors, as well how to begin to prepare for life beyond college by taking control and being responsible for today.

All UM students can take advantage of peer tutoring to develop deeper understanding through additional, special or corrective instruction in almost any subject for two hours per week. The ARC is piloting an online tutoring support program that will be available to registered students in the evening when the Center is closed.

The UM Experience (UMX) course has been developed to blend academics with leadership, learning, networking and community-building skills to enrich a student’s collegiate years. In small class settings, the UMX faculty serves as mentors providing individualized attention to new students. UMX provides students with a working knowledge of the University’s academic requirements, advising system, various degree programs, and policies and procedures of the institution.

For students with documented disabilities, the ARC provides services through Accessibility Resources. Academic accommodations are assigned on a case-by-case determination and are subject to documentation review.

The ARC welcomes all students to visit the Center and take advantage of these free services. Its sole purpose is to assist students while they work to achieve their academic goals.

For more information visit www.umarc.miami.edu or call 305-284-4790 or 304-284-2800.

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...