Hurricane Exclusive: Pike Update

The UM Gamma Omega Chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity was suspended for 30 days on March 21, 2005 under alleged violations of international fraternity policy and the University Code of Conduct, as well as financial delinquency to the national fraternity.

Dr. Pat Whitely, vice president for Student Affairs, issued a statement with the latest update:

The Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity has conducted a review of its chapter at the University of Miami. International officials and local alumni have met with the student members and University officials. The chapter has also accepted a variety of conditions for its continued affiliation with the Fraternity, including participation and sponsorship of educational programs, election of new officers and the reconstitution of the chapter’s membership. The reconstituted membership list will be provided to the chapter on May 2. The Fraternity, University, and mutual local alumni are committed to partnering in support of the chapter and in establishing clear conduct expectations.

Patricia A. Whitely

Vice President for Student Affairs

University of Miami

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...