LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Re: “Tragedy Hits,” 4/17

I read the article in The Hurricane about Ashley Kelley. It is a very unfortunate event and I agree that some action needs to be taken. The idea of building a pedestrian bridge over U.S. 1 next to UM’s campus is also very interesting to me. You see, I am the President of AIAS (American Institute of Architecture Students) and I am hoping there might be something that we can do to help.

I would like to organize a design competition open to architecture students, looking for designs of a pedestrian bridge. The aim of the competition isn’t necessarily to come up with a winning design for the actual bridge, but it could serve to inspire the community in the hopes of one day building something. Please let me know if there is anyone else I can contact in this matter, or if you can give me any more information. I think it would be a great event for the UM community and one step in making a positive change to this situation.

Thank you,

Chris Glapinski

AIAS President

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...