LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Re: “Tragedy Hits,” 4/17

I read the article in The Hurricane about Ashley Kelley. It is a very unfortunate event and I agree that some action needs to be taken. The idea of building a pedestrian bridge over U.S. 1 next to UM’s campus is also very interesting to me. You see, I am the President of AIAS (American Institute of Architecture Students) and I am hoping there might be something that we can do to help.

I would like to organize a design competition open to architecture students, looking for designs of a pedestrian bridge. The aim of the competition isn’t necessarily to come up with a winning design for the actual bridge, but it could serve to inspire the community in the hopes of one day building something. Please let me know if there is anyone else I can contact in this matter, or if you can give me any more information. I think it would be a great event for the UM community and one step in making a positive change to this situation.

Thank you,

Chris Glapinski

AIAS President

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...