INAUGURAL CLASS RING CEREMONY

UM GRADUATION BLING: The first UM class ring ceremony was held Wednesday on the University green. About 300 people, including guests and alumni, attended the event, where 150 students received rings from UM President Donna Shalala. Local NBC affiliate anchor and UM alumna Jackie Nespral spoke and received as ring, as did Shalala, who is shown above right with her ring and Sebastian the Ibis. Students with 60 or more credits had previously ordered and paid for the rings, which were customized with a UM logo for the first time. Above left, some of the ring recipients show off their new piece of jewelry. The University hopes to make the ceremony an annual tradition.

When UM coach Mark Richt summoned quarterback Malik Rosier into his office last year, a few months a ...

Quarterback Malik Rosier of the No. 8-ranked Miami Hurricanes maintains a solid third place in what ...

University of Miami head coach Mark Richt was selected to the 20-member Paul "Bear" Bryant ...

University of Miami sophomore Bruce Brown Jr. was among 21 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

Head coach Katie Meier and senior forward/center Erykah Davenport will represent Miami Thursday at t ...