INAUGURAL CLASS RING CEREMONY

UM GRADUATION BLING: The first UM class ring ceremony was held Wednesday on the University green. About 300 people, including guests and alumni, attended the event, where 150 students received rings from UM President Donna Shalala. Local NBC affiliate anchor and UM alumna Jackie Nespral spoke and received as ring, as did Shalala, who is shown above right with her ring and Sebastian the Ibis. Students with 60 or more credits had previously ordered and paid for the rings, which were customized with a UM logo for the first time. Above left, some of the ring recipients show off their new piece of jewelry. The University hopes to make the ceremony an annual tradition.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

Due to inclement weather expected in the area, the Miami baseball program announced game time for Fr ...