When They Came Around

Attended by punky 11-year-olds, apathetic 15-year-olds and grungy 17-year-old guys, a Green Day concert wouldn’t quite be complete without a requisite mix of the young and the old. Even a lot of the kids’ parents, attired in Hawaiian print shirts and hippy-esque tie dye enjoyed the concert, although Billy Joe Armstrong and his army could never live up to Bon Jovi, Woodstock, 1984, 1969 and bad LSD trips. Nonetheless, Friday night saw a mixture of all types-including the very fashionably clothed Serena and Venus Williams-rocking out to a lot of Dookie, a little bit of Nimrod, some new American Idiot and an awesome assortment of covers.

As the first stop on the North American leg of the band’s American Idiot Tour, the Convocation Center was treated to a wonderful performance, complete with several rounds of obligatory pyrotechnics by the thirtysomething rockers, guitarist Armstrong, drummer Tr

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami women's track team kicked off the 2018 ACC Indoor Championships with a ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

The Hurricanes fell in their final road game of the season, 70-51, at Georgia Tech. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...